Mr. Skrobarczyk joined VSO Petroleum Consultants in June 2012 and specializes in providing consulting engineering and advisory services to E&P and financial firms, with a focus on property evaluation, drilling prospect evaluation and field and play studies. Louis has managed field operations and has driven capital allocation decisions for family offices, private equity backed portfolio companies and publicly traded companies.
Representative Experience / Projects:
- C-Suite Representation – While at VSO, Mr. Skrobarczyk also served as interim Chief Operating Officer for Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc (MPO), post-restructuring. Successful at cutting operating costs in challenged Mississippi Lime fields through modified workover, chemical and water handling programs. Worked through multiple reduction in force efforts (RIFs) to reduce G&A and high-grade talent. Redirected exploitation efforts and handled corporate reserves database management. Worked through several merger, joint venture, blow down and acquisition strategies, ultimately leading to successful merger with Amplify Petroleum.
- Mineral Owner / Family Office Technical Representation – For nearly a decade, Mr. Skrobarczyk has provided operational and reservoir technical evaluation services on behalf of large mineral owners and family offices to help guide leasing and investment decisions and tactfully negotiate with associated parties. Services include prospect technical evaluation, AFE election recommendations, JIB audits, database management, and negotiation services with lessors and management teams.
- Unconventional Reservoir Analysis – Extensive technical knowledge base developed through direct participation in over 200 in-depth asset evaluations spread across all key resource plays in Lower 48 of the United States. Typical workflow includes the preparation of production forecasts, evaluation of commercial drivers (such as operating expenses, differentials and marketing and contracts), as well as evaluating the quality and quantity of remaining drilling inventory utilizing a highly systematic and unbiased evaluation of geologic and engineering variables.
- Conventional Reservoir Analysis – Provided numerous evaluations associated with the exploration and / or exploitation of conventional reservoirs located in the gulf coast region of Texas and Louisiana. Analysis typically includes the computation of recoverable hydrocarbon volumes by characterizing the bulk reservoir volume, fluid contacts and structural barriers using geologic interpretations from subsurface data or seismic, in concert with petrophysics from available well logs. Proficient in estimating probabilistic reserves as well as deterministic estimates using volumetric or material balance methods.
- Field Operations – Managed operations, vendors, and field personnel for various conventional and unconventional onshore fields throughout South, Central, and East Texas. Operations included the diagnostics of oil and gas well performance, managing workover, re-completion and completion programs and designing and modifying gathering, compression, and disposal facilities. Co-Founder of fully integrated contract operating oil and gas management company, Performance Operating Partners.
Summary of Experience and Affiliations:
Prior to joining VSO, Mr. Skrobarczyk served NFR Energy as Exploitation Manager, where he guided the testing and development programs targeting the emerging Haynesville and Cotton Valley horizontal plays, with annual budgets in excess of $350 million. Prior to NFR Energy, Mr. Skrobarczyk served in various production, drilling and reservoir engineering roles with Devon Energy Corporation. Mr. Skrobarczyk is a 2004 graduate of Texas A&M University with a B.S. Degree in Petroleum Engineering and is a Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas.