Mr. Freisner is an Engineer for VSO out of the Dallas Office. He joined the firm in 2018 and provides petroleum engineering consulting services to clients. Preston has evaluation experience in every major basin in the Lower 48 providing both reserves reports and technical due diligence to E&P and financial firms. In addition to his technical work, Mr. Freisner also works with other engineers to develop internal data management and marketing tools.
Representative Experience / Projects:
- Evaluated upside potential across the Permian Basin given variations in completion, spacing, and development design.
- Evaluated PDP and undeveloped conventional assets in the Three Rivers Basin, Wyoming using RTA and PTA principles.
- Performed spacing and completion uplift studies in the Appalachia Basin to model uncharacterized upside potential on virgin acreage.
- Forecasted PDP and review Lease Operating Statements (LOS) to build financial models in both Aries and PHDWin for financial clients in the Eagle Ford.
- Modeled Midland Basin drilling prospect given numerous development plans and compare options to determine the most capital efficient scenario.
- Provided engineering due diligence for a restructuring firm advising a private E&P operator during a bankruptcy process.
- Mapped and tiered prospective inventory for a large public entity in the Williston and Anadarko Basins.
- Prepared a reserve report on behalf of an operator with assets in the Powder River Basin.
Summary of Experience and Affiliations:
Mr. Freisner previously interned with Chesapeake Energy Corporation with a focus on Eagle Ford production optimization. Preston is a 2018 graduate of Texas A&M University (Summa Cum Laude) with a B.S. Degree in Petroleum Engineering. He also spent a semester studying abroad in Doha, Qatar. He is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).