Mr. Young is a Senior Engineer for VSO out of the Dallas Office. He joined the firm in 2018 and provides petroleum engineering consulting services to clients. Preston has worked projects in every major basin across the United States and has developed an adept skill set in multiple engineering and mapping software. Preston’s combination of an engineering and financial background provides a unique perspective on projects with clients.
Representative Experience /Projects:
- Prepared a year-end 3P reserves report for a minerals company owning minerals across the Midland, Delaware, Williston, and Anadarko basins. Evaluated PDP and built type curves in multiple benches for 250+ type curve areas across these basins. Developed a comprehensive drill schedule for undeveloped locations across the Midland, Anadarko, and Williston basins based on forecasted gross and net well counts derived from historical development.
- Performed PDP valuation for large asset in the Eagle Ford. Reviewed LOS documents to calculate commercial assumptions for asset in addition to forecasting volumes. Reviewed extensive legal documents pertaining to minimum volume commitments and build cash flow model to account for this. Built model flexing purchase price, debt, and equity levels to determine optimum debt ratio. Performed roll forward PV sensitivities on an ongoing basis.
- Performed numerous non-op wellbore opportunity analyses across the Delaware basin. Provided type curves for planned development and a view on risks of the opportunity.
- Reviewed an operated asset in the Northwest Shelf San Andres play. Evaluated existing vertical PDP wells and provide a view of the potential for future development through a combination of geologic analysis and type curve work.
- Prepared a 3P reserve report for an asset in the Powder River Basin. Reviewed hedge documents and built hedge model to incorporate into final value of asset.
- Performed multiple evaluations of midstream assets across most major basins. Forecasted PDP and Undeveloped gross volumes, provided single well economics, and assessed remaining inventory.
Summary of Experience and Affiliations:
Mr. Young previously interned with Upland Resources, a privately owned operator in Canadian, Texas. Preston is a 2018 graduate of Texas A&M University with a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering and a M.S. in Finance. He is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).