Mr. Yasin is a Sr. Staff Engineer at VSO out of the Dallas Office. He joined the firm in 2017 and provides petroleum engineering consulting services to clients. Omer has worked every major basin in the Lower 48 and has provided both reserves reports and technical due diligence to E&P, financial, and restructuring firms.
Representative Experience /Projects:
- Provided technical due diligence in a prolonged bankruptcy process of a large southern Midland Basin Operator on behalf of a restructuring firm and creditors committee.
- Provided technical due diligence on behalf of a credit group for multiple operated, non-operated, and minerals assets in the DJ Basin. Provides ongoing lookbacks to compare forecasts with actuals for an executed transaction.
- Led a team to prepare a year-end 3P reserves report for a minerals company owning assets across the Midland, Delaware, Williston, and Anadarko basins. Reserve report involved PDP evaluation, construction of type curves, reserve classification, commercial assumptions, pace of development, and drill schedule. Built a dynamic database that accounted for operator economics and incorporated multiple spacing scenarios dependent on commodity price for each bench based on 250+ type curves.
- Evaluated southwest Eagle Ford on behalf of a private equity firm for acquisition of an operated asset. Reviewed contracts pertaining to minimum volume commitments and various midstream fees to build gathering, processing, and transportation cost model for the asset. Reviewed 10Ks and 10Qs to ensure validity of model with tie to volumes and revenue to a midstream company.
- Provided technical due diligence on a commercial bank’s marketed portfolio of reserves-based loans for upstream operators on behalf of an investor consortium.
- Prepared inventory analysis using ArcGIS on behalf of an investment firm to calculate remaining undeveloped locations in a large acreage position in the Southern Midland Basin. Dynamic inventory model accounted for expected drainage area of existing PDP and incorporated various spacing scenarios for each bench across multiple type curve areas.
- Evaluated the Oklahoma Scoop/STACK area on behalf of a credit group for various operated, non-operated, and minerals assets.
Summary of Experience and Affiliations:
Prior to joining VSO, Mr. Yasin interned with Linn Energy for 3 years and had exposure to various business units including Mid-Con, Wyoming (Jonah Field), and California (San Joaquin valley). Omer is a 2017 graduate of Texas A&M University (Cum Laude) with a B.S. Degree in Petroleum Engineering and minor in Business. In college, his team was a national finalist in BP’s Ultimate Field Trip Challenge which tasked undergraduates to solve real world global energy challenges. Additionally, Omer has participated in various successful ecommerce ventures. Mr. Yasin is a Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).